Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where can I get holiday themed,candy coated Prozac?

Big question of the day :  cellophane  treat bags decorated with stars or cellophane treat bags decorated with candy canes?

Its time for the early qualifying heats  in the dog cookie Olympics!  I said "yes" to making cookies to help my friend at work  raise funds for her dog and cat rescue again this year,. The bad news is that the Dog Cookie Olympics start verysoon and I don't want to burn out, the good news is that I got out of having to individually bag them which saves me a lot of  precious and exhausting over-thinking time and it also saves the state a dozen or so labels and a couple of sheets of paper and some printer toner.

(Do you realize that if I need to order a $16 fax toner I have to offically request this in writing and get the okay from three seperate parties? For  a single cartridge?!.  HATE.)

I did this very cleverly, I spoke with her very early in the morning about the cookies and I gave her  choices. My friend makes bad choices first thing ayam and I seriously need to file that away for later. I told her I would either bag them up in the larger numbers so she would have less to sell but could sell them for more... OR I could bag them up in smaller numbers so she would have more but could sell for less... OR I could just present her with big bags of cookies and she can separate them as she sees fit.. You can guess which one is easier for me.

Last year I did all the work and bought cute plastic boxes for the cookies to go in. She sold them for peanuts,  and not even whole peanuts, crushed peanuts and it made me a little peeved so this year I'm not doing jack packaging-wise. I'm making  the cookies and moving on. This also saves me money for the real games,  the yearly Christmas  Dog Cookie Season Olympics! 15 dogs, four or five varieties of cookies  and a little over five weeks to do them and get them shipped. I don't need more dog cookie related stress when I'm in training.

Stars or Candy Canes?

I like the stars, I've used them in the past and they are a year round design I can use if I have a dog cookie gift giving opportunity present itself in say April,  which could certainly happen. But, these are for Christmas! they are gifts they are seasonal and jolly and fun - Which really puts me big time into Camp Candy Cane and how often do I  really get off-season cookie orders anyway? By April they can get by with a  resealable freezer bag and I'm okay with that.

And yes I could go look at Party City and check out their selection but they are still all about Halloween and haven't even pulled out their Christmas stuff yet and I don't have time for Halloween themed cellophane bags.  I'm all ready heavily into my Christmas cards,  and have crueley signed up the-way-too-busy-for-silly-things-like-this Alphagal to individually trim said Christmas cards because I could find the perfect  photo card with correctly sized  picture opening because I seriously need to be medicated and I am done with Halloween.

No comments: