Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Cute and the Damned

I did get myself some real parsley. I could tell it was parsley because  they sold it in bouquets and it was cheap,  and you can tell you are buying fancy herbs because they cost more and are only available as boutonnieres. The More You Know...

I was going to maybe make the cookies tonight but then I remembered my parents arriving on Wednsday and then spending the night as they pass through on a road trip and I might want to clean my house or something and so I did "something" but it wasn't really cleaning but I did move a pile of stuff from one place to another. I decided that Tuesday  night was going to be Clean The House go-time. I'm a pressure player.

But before all that, I was driving home  through downtown watching it get grayer as I got closer  to the house and I told myself that I was going to need to be very prompt once I got home about walking Dogger because it looked like rain and neither of us like to walk in the rain and if it started raining before our walk we would not walk at all and so I really needed to get a move on.

And then I passed this thrift store and saw this really cute occasional table and I thought Hmm. That might look really cute next to the couch, in the spot the crate is in... I could flatten the crate and put it away for the first time since last March and put that cute little table in its place.Hmmmm So I drove around the corner and found a spot and went back to get a closer look at the table - Which as it turned out was much cuter at 25 miles an hour. But I had to inspect it, which I did even after deciding it wasn't coming home with me.

I spent more time with it than I would have because it annoyed the clerk smoking outside. I'm sure her second hand smoke did not improve my opinion of the table. It was kind of cute, but not that cute and it was taller than I had thought and it had a stain in the middle and the  table did not look like it could be refinished. It was only $25 bucks but it was worth about $25 and if I'm going to spend money on a crap piece of furniture I like it to be a piece of furniture that in its youth was at least well made. This one came from the factory a piece of crap.

So I went home late and stopped at the mail boxes to drop some bills and then had to walk Dogger on the double and not to the post office, which is a nice walk but not in the dark

No comments: