Monday, November 9, 2009

Garden Cookies

Hi, I'm Diana and I am making more dog cookies! I was out and they kept dragging me back in! The bastards.

I had four additional dogs added to my list over the weekend and I started to worry that I wasn't going to have enough to go around. These things are gifts, I don't want to look like I'm giving them testers. I want every body on my list to get you know, "enough". I now have sixteen dogs on my list and I was a little afraid that varieties I had were not going to be "enough".

So. Now I just finished making banana/honey flavored. I was going to also make  mint/parsley breath freshening cookies and I went to the store to get bananas, mint and parsley. I was very successful with the bananas and mint and then I had to look around for my parsley and finally found a bunchie of  what I thought was parsley - because it was in a slot called "curly parsley". I did not notice the tag on the parsley that read "cilantro".

Cilantro isn't just a fancy way of saying " curly parsley" is it? I don't know from either of them and I'm not sure of the breath freshening talents of cilantro, because if if cilantro was okay, I think it would have specified "cilantro"  and not parsley. But I'm not sure. I can say that cilantro looks a lot like what I imagined parsley would look like.

They both look like things I riped with great prejudice from the ground around my real plants. Speaking of  my real plants, the garden, is still there. I had to yank two baby brocs  due to  pest damage and I tried to remove a tomato because it was dead, but it was still tied up with garden tape and I didn't have anything handy to cut it free. The other plants are still there and still making  every attempt to be productive, with the peppers just covered with blooms -  but I'm not feeling hopeful about further harvests, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not going to completely remove the non-dead plants and the plastic mulch until after the first freeze. Then I'm going to start dumping leaves on the plot and start thinking about next spring.

1 comment:

Plodding Gourmet Ant said...

The plodding gourmet ant says she really likes celantro, and suggests you see if Daisy likes it. Then you can smell her breath. That's The Emperical Method, I think.