Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dogger

Why isn't there anything on TV?! I'm beginning to think its a plot by NBC, Netflix and the cable industry. I think this also explains the Jay Leno fiasco. I believe that NBC secretly owns Netflix and is using it as a shield during this bad economy. They are going to write off the whole Leon thing  as a loss. Its a tax thing. I also think NBC owns the entire basic cable industry as well . They are forcing us to watch basic cable and rent from Netflix because they have arranged for there to be nothing to watch on TV. NBC whiffed with Leno and that gave the other networks a chance to roll out bad programing because there was no competition. Do you actually believe that anyone would be watching NCIS if there was anything else on TV? Have you ever watched White Collar? or any of the other scripted dramas on basic cable No, you don't any of them because they all look stupid? They are, but they are still better than Leno.

For instance, thanks to the dearth of broadcast television I want to see, I am watching a lot of HGTV. A Lot. I've started to watch Designers Challenge.  I never thought I had any opinion design but I since I have started to watch too much Challenge, I have developed  a deep hate for bourgeois design and the creative, yet expensive use of beige. I must stop T-Fauxing  it makes tacky drek like Color Splash seem like high art. I blame Leno.

So, how is Dogger? on Sunday she started to very tentatively put a leetle weight on the bad foot and was getting a bit of her bounce back, but Monday she was back to limping but I let her be in her room for a few hours and on Tuesday, she was a lot less tentative on her foot and she was stretching again! I like when she stretches,  it gives me the impression her leg is not going to fall off. A girl can dream.

We go back to the vet on Thursday and he'll be happy with her progress. She's really responding well to the antibiotic, she's walking and there hasn't been any more weeping from the wound - All good things, the problem being that this is the third time we've gone through this. Infection/bad gait/ABT therapy/a course of anti-inflammatories/walk,walk,walk/ABT therapy/a course of anti-inflammatories/walk,walk,walk/infection/bad gait/ABT therapy... It gets old. The vet said he might go back in to make all this stop and I think I'm going to tell him he is going to go back in - After the holidays, I'm tired of all this. I want my dog back and not just occasionally.

No comments: