Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fall Fun

I raked my yard this weekend. I had been putting it off but there are only three houses with trees in their yards and the other two places had been raked all ready.  Note, "my yard" not "  my leaves", because the leaves on my yard belong to the hipsters tree next door. My tree is still green and has 99 percent of it leaves while their tree is almost completely denuded and what leaves it has left are yellow. I hate that tree. I hate its fruit in the spring too.  I was always hopeing the drug dealer would neglect it to death but apparently its some sort of  vampire tree that won't die until a stake is driven through its heart or it gets root rot or its suckers slowly strangle it to death. I can only hope.

My yard was covered with brown and yellow leaves, from their tree. Their yard looks fab, a light sprinkling of seasonal color but only just a dusting. I hate them. My yard, three hours after I finished the job was  a freaking mess again - Thinking positively, its "salted" with yellow leaves but I'm not going to obsess over them because their tree is not completely bare yet and I don't want to get OCD over the other guys leaves. I could but I choose not to.

I also choose not to rake since then because I don't want to exacerbate my popped blisters on my hand. I can hear you out there saying If you wore gloves you wouldn't have blisters! , I was wearing blisters! Big, manly work gloves. Too big, too manly work gloves that rubbed  the back of my thumb raw. Owie. I need to ask Santa for  little lady-like work gloves that won't protect me into blisters.

I came home from work today and my yard was covered in leaves again.

To take my mind off of it, I, drum roll please : Made More Cookies! Because hey,  the world needs more dog treats doesn't it? I wasn't going to make more cookies but while Doggers been crate bound I've been indulging her a little. A little. Just maybe, a few more than she would usually get, a leetle more frequently...

I was running out and she needed more. I also had some left overs from the last cookiepalooza and I didn't want to waste the ingredients. I also have too much wheat flour and I hate wheat flour. Its gritty and it makes the cookies' texture weird and messes with my vision. Over all  it simply does not work with my cookie aesthetic.

The wheat flour has to go.

So. Dogger gets more turkey gravy cookies and my friends at work also get  turkey gravy cookies and pumpkin/molasses cookies. Yay. I went to Michael's and looked for appropriate Thanksgiving themed gift bags but they didn't carry any- because, if you can't over think a simple thing, why bother having the thought in the first place. I had to go with the Moose with Lights in their Racks design. They look suitably dog-like and the bags aren't all that Christmas-sy. Other than the Christmas lights.

I think my neighbors are going to get a lot of pumpkin/molasses cookies. Its Thanksgiving-y, don't you think? Its like pumpkin pie for your dog, we like that don't we? Happy people, happy dog? Is it weird to give your neighbors Thanksgiving themed dog treats? I mean,  am I going to be that crazy lady?

No comments: