Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Joy

I went a head and made the bacon cookies. I wasn't going to, I had a lot of time to get them done but in the end I wanted them done now. I also wanted to see what happens to bacon bits when you put them in a blender - They turn into wispy, bacony feathers.  Odd.

I was hopeing  that blenderized bacon could mix in with the flour more thoroughly and that it would make for a creamier , stronger dough -  But it didn't, I was disappointed. The bacon feathers were a little more integrated into the dough but not like the cheese or the peanut butter. I also had hoped the dough would be in better shape, but it stilled lacked the elasticity of the other varieties. I got very spoiled with the other additives. Who would have thought that sticky, wet  peanut butter would end up being my friend? The bacon isn't  really hard to deal with and  Dogs love  the bacon  cookies so they aren't not leaving the menu anytime soon but I wish bacon was more tidy and made a better dough, like the cheese.


Colorful, no?  bacon, peanut butter, green stars, red stars, pumpkin/molasses, cheese


Its Santa's freezer. I was trying to think up another flavor but I decided that those were enough and I couldn't think of any other flavors that were easily accessible.  I could go to the dog bakery downtown to do a little  flavor espionage, but I'm not sure how much business they get and I don't want to get their hopes up by being in their store and looking like a customer and then feeling obligated to buy dog treats when I have several houndred  in my freezer. I did decide I would make Dogger some Turkey shaped, turkey gravy flavored cookies for Thanksgiving and I think that will take care of my desire to spend more time baking for dogs. I'm hopeing that with the holidays coming that I'll get a chance to bake or at least cook for humans for a change.

Speaking of cooking for human beings. Between my weekend marathon treat baking and wasp killing, I went shopping. Bake for hours and snuff dozens of lives - You want to go shopping, its the circle of life. Really, go and check. I'll wait.

Waiting.

Have you found it? Try Wikipedia.

I am proved right? I thought so.

I bought the worlds smallest electric frying pan! It's teeny! It's like a baby electric frying pan and its the cutest thing in the entire world! I got it Saturday, but I didn't have any pancake fixings and that made me sad. But tonight, I looked at the clock and realized that it was 5:45 and the dog had been walked and fed, I had been walked and fed, the cats box was clean and the only thing on my docket was watching HGTV until I passed out.

I went and bought fixings.



not pictured, glass lid

Isn't it cute?!

No comments: