Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday

I woke up this morning and it wasn't winter anymore. It was and then it wasn't, the rain washed it all a way, like it wasn't winter as much as it was a heavy coating of  pollen.

I haven't got a real chance to see what the tree looks like with the sexy red garland on it.  It looks okayish in  artificial light but until I see the effect in natural light I won't know for sure. I can say that it doesn't stand out the same way as the gold garland did and I'm not sure that's all that good but I wanted different and I got different. I just don't know if its better yet or not.

It does look nice with my Santa though.

I finally got all my dog cookie address labels printed out  ( thanks to the judicious mis-use of state property)so I'll be able to get them all mailed out next week but that means I;m going to have to put the boxes together and deal with packing peanuts and a tape dispenser thing, which I will absolutely break about half way through the process and then spend the rest of the time fighting a pitched battle with the tape insisting on sticking to itself.  It's not the expense of mailing I object to, its the process.

It would be great if all we had to do was toss the item and the address to them and say Yo. Here it is. Asta!. That would be awesome. I also kind of wish I had my Christmas cards on hand so I could mail them out on my schedule, but they are at Alphagal and Broskeys and I'm not sure how cool it would be to go over there and  take them while they are out of town. I don't want all of them, I just want to liberate a few of them so I can mail them with the cookies and save some postage. I think I'm going to get over my resistance to going over to their house and I'm just going to get them because its time and I want them. I am also assuming they are out where I can find them. My plan is not perfect. I don't know where they are.

Maybe I won't go get them, or I'll just make a security pass through there house... You know, make sure that there hasn't been a break in or any water damage or to check in the very least to make sure  the house was not eaten by vines. That would be very disconcerting, to come home and fine your house covered by vines. 

1 comment:

Eduth said...

Oh but we LOVE kudzu!