Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years Eve!

I'm still sick and now I'm noticing that speaking is requiring effort and I know where that leads, right to laryngitis city!  And of course its a nice long weekend to be sick too. The last time I had a long weekend down at my parents  I was sick  then too. Its not fair.

I suppose that it will be a much better NYE than last year though no matter the state of my health. It couldn't possibly be worse than  last NYE when I spent the first part of the evening force feeding a dieing animal and then going downtown and watching chubby girls try to go-go dance in  a bar window. They were more go away girls. Sad. Not as sad as watching the Acorn drop but almost.

I've tried  the last few years to do something different every NYE, its a challenge but a worthy one.This year I'm going to New Bern to watch whatever drops in New Bern. I was going to go to Oriental, which I have done in the past, and watch the Croakier fall but plans changed. Its New Berns 300th Anniversary and  they are planning a big party downtown to usher it in. Maybe we'll watch the tri-corner hat fall or shoot a bear or something.  I'm feeling bad about Tex now, I ran across some of his syringes the other day and the package of pills he was on. Poor kitty! I miss him.

I think this is because I'm sick. I fell asleep waiting for the computer to boot and now I'm all maudlin and weepy about  my late cat. Today at work I came thisclose to telling the woman across the hall if she did not stop her constant shuffling shuffling shuffling up and down the hall I was going to fetch a rehab aid from the hospital with a gate belt and walker and get her into her very own gate training program to force her to walk like a normal person because I was coming really close to shouting at her. I need to nap more.

 I'm going to have a good time, I am going to enjoy myself and it is going to be fun and I am not going to mourn my cat, or whine or be a bitch. Damn it.

No comments: