Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas

You better still have your decorations up. Christmas is not over.

Today is the Forth Day. This year I did not hear the song even once. although I did hear a  "We hate the holidays" version over and over and over - Thank you lamo Raleigh radio! Not once did I hear a straight version.

 I don't know if the general population finally gotten through their collective thick skull that the song is about the  twelve days after Christmas or if there just isn't a pop version of it that gets any radio play in this market. I also didn't hear We Three Kings , another song about after the holiday that usually gets played a lot. I did hear Little Drummer Boy a lot and it essentially covers the same time frame but it has a lot of pop covers. A lot and they all showed up on the collection of Christmas CDs we had at the office. I want to kill the drummer boy now, I think I would just shove his drum sticks right down his throat.

Can you see Mary there? Oh. Thank you. I really need you to play your drum in the same desert as my NEWBORN. Sure. Bang away. He's been a sleep for ten whole minutes.

For all your 12 Days questions and related conspiracy theories, 12 Days. I am still ill and  I have ingested enough cough drops to now consider them a food group as well as a miracle drug. Oh, Nyquil? is the bomb! I took it and felt nothing all night! I didn't even have anxiety about maybe feeling anything. I literally was feeling no pain. I didn't even feel the need to wake up until I rolled over to casually look at the clock and discover I should have woken up twenty minutes earlier. Oops.

No comments: