Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Happy!

Hello Children! I'm back! Kind of. I was planning to be back on Monday but I woke up Sunday with some version of the creeping crude and very quickly decided that my schedule was going to have to change.

Sunday night I kept myself awake because I dread accidentally swallowing in my sleep and waking up with a screamingly painful throat - Really, I was awake a lot and I was anxious about  my throat spray and if I could get to it "in time" and I have bad memories from my last run in with Mr. Throat Spray - He's a bad, bad man Mr. Throat spray. He makes you feel numbed, he smooths off the sharp edges of your pain and the next thing you know YOU ARE DRINKING THROAT SPRAY and then he turns you into an addict. With a sore throat.

Bastard.

This time however I took charge of my pain. True, it started off badly. I did fish under my oven for an escaped lozenge much longer than the picky dietitians at work would approve off - Ultimately, leaving the lozenge to evolve into a cat toy. Sigh, but I had others standing by and I have a new supply of very good hot chocolate to ease my pain. And honey! I have honey. I don't need no stinking throat spray! I am woman! Here me suck it up hot tea with honey style!

Which worked for me so well,  I discovered I had two bottles of throat spray in my bed side table. Clearly Mr. Throat Spray plays hard ball and Ms. Honey and Tea is a lying, self hating bitch who proscribes to the ridiculous supposition that a woman in pain should stay in pain  because its both "good" for her and "natural".

...And then I went to bed.  I was awake for a very long time or I just woke up every forty-five minutes or so all night just to look at the clock to make sure it was still there and that I hadn't made any unscheduled swallows. I finally did have to "wake up" and I was so out of it I took three separate rest breaks before I left for the office.

 It did not help that  once there, the woman in the office across the hall from me fell asleep on her desk and snored for most of the morning. Not helpful and  I bet she spent the week end with Ms. Tea and Honey. I  then spent the day starved and dehydrated and awake damn it because office food hurts and even room temperature drinks are sting like hell on the way down and even I have work place behavior standards.

I ended up at Subway for soup at lunch - Learn from my mistake though, the coffee at Subway is not your friend! Ew. It had the consistency of motor oil, it ate my coffee stirrer and there was no cream provided! The nerve. After work I hit the store for some supplies and left armed with Nyquil, Aleve and two bags of Hall's sore throat drops. HA. I'll wake up tomorrow with no sore throat at all but I'll be well armed for the next time.

No comments: