Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beige

Christmas is over . Its packed up, boxed up and locked up in the attic for another year.

I miss my decorations! It was time to put them away and they couldn't stay out indefinitely but damn! I miss my twinkle lights and my Santa's and my tree!  It was like a huge jeweled brooch in the middle of my room, I loved it and it made everything pretty.  I couldn't really see my outside lights but just knowing they were out there made me happy ad made me feel I was doing my part to spread cheer.

I know I cheered up my  electric company. I at least made them happy, very happy. Ecstatic. It seems that those pre-lit trees have a whole lot more than three strands of lights on them and that maybe that net light I had draped artfully around the garland on my mantle piece might have also played a part. I thought I was being good! I cut way, way back on my exterior lights! I thought this was good way to go! I didn't even plug in my light up penguin and I love my penguin! 

Bygones.

The interior was also cheerful and bright when it was decorated, my normally unremarkable dinning room was cute  and my Santa's were all so sweet and  happy and for once not all crowed together. I experimented with separating them by size and I think it was a good idea. They seemed happier that way. I am going to have to figure out a way to keep them lit though, I think they would be even more sweet if they didn't look like a bunch of pervs leaning against a way hanging around in the dark. Lighting is totally key in your display. I am hopeing Real Simple will have some ideas on this or maybe Martha Stewart. Somewhere out there there is a person who specializes in Santa Figure lighting who wants to help out a fellow Santa slut.

Undecorated, I had no idea my living room was so beige. It is the beigeiosity, it's a beigefest, a veritable beigegasm. I had never noticed. My couch is green, the chair is floral, the curtains are striped, the walls are yellow and yet the beige predominates.  Everything is just so boring now. The living room is dark and gloomy and as I said before,  beige, I will say that during the day it is a lot brighter in there with the tree not blocking the window and that's nice, but the room is dullsville. I haven't moved the book shelf back in front of the window and I'm not sure I'm going to. I think I want some kind of shelve there but maybe not what I have - which by the way works beautifully as a sofa table. I don't know, I need to do something with that room.

It may be time to go back to Ikea.

No comments: