Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cruel Shoes

Did you know that Monday is "Bad Modern Jazz Night Played Very Loud" at DSW? It is!   DSW is floor to ceiling, wall to wall SHOES. You walk in and you walk into shoes. I walked into air. It was off putting. I don't know what kind of post holiday shoegasm the people of Raleigh had, but they cleared the store out. It was a little depressing. I wanted a pair of suitable, office appropriate black, lace up oxford style shoes that were comfortable for walking. I thought there would be a lot of these. I found two pairs that were cute but  neither of them suitable for walking. But then I said Where are you walking? You walk down the hall, you walk upstairs. Its not like you're going to walk the Appalachian trail over lunch. Come on. Think about Mr. Right Now Shoe, it doesn't have to be The One True Shoe,! Not all shoes have to be a long term relationship, you need Rebound Shoe!

I checked out the sale racks and I found Right Now Shoe in about forty-five seconds. And then, seeing they were on sale and everything, I looked around to see if there were other shoes I might need and then I found the worlds ugliest shoes and I needed them.  They look like the kind of shoes that girl hobbits would wear if hobbits wore shoes, they look like Mary Jane's under going gender reassignment. They are butt ugly but they are butt ugly and Born.  They were 50 percent off and they would be mine!

I tried my size but it seemed too big, I wanted these shoes but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend even the sale price to be slightly uncomfortable. So i went on an ugly shoe hunt. The store was mostly empty, House was not on. And  I wanted my ugly shoes! and I would have them! And I got 'em! I scared the other ladies in the sale racks with my shoe stalking but I found them at last.

I  ended up spending more than I was going to, but I could have conceivably found  the pair of black shoes, the perfect pair that filled all my requirements and were the twins to my old pair and  if I had to spend to get them, I would have done it, such was my love of those shoes.  I didn't find those shoes, I found a different pair that filled the  "black" requirement and the "office appropriate" requirement - and to that end, cost about half of what I would have spent for the perfect shoes.

So, now I have a pair of black shoes without holes in the soles to wear to the office and a pair of tan shoes that are ugly but comfortable to wear to the office and the store and out and about.

No comments: