Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

2010! Woo! Where is my rocket pack?

I got a late Christmas gift for Dogger and  tada! I got the  dog crate out of my living room! and replaced it with a dog tent. Huge difference. Really.





I can make the tent go away in seconds! It has it own carrying case! I can zip it together in less than a snap! and it weighs less than Tiny! Ya'll don't know. In truth, I could take apart the crate, it just folded up but, its weighs about a houndred pounds and moving it from point A to point B is less than fun. Also, its a  cage and I am really tired of living with a cage in my living room.

The tent is about the same size but comes out to be a little narrower.  It does probably take up more visual space than the crate because its solid, but it seems "lighter" somehow than the crate in the space. I introduced Dogger to her new little house and she went in  just fine, but she whined about it - which is  normal behavior for her if she's in her crate when she's feeling well. So not a problem. She might have also been unhappy because she doesn't have the 360 degree view in the tent that she had become accustomed to in the crate.  Okay with being crated? Awesome,  accustomed to being crate-fast? Anti-awesome.

We're finally doing something about this. On Thursday she's going to have surgery again to remove the bacteria  infested twine. The Doctor and I are hoping this is going to put a stop to the ongoing infections that she's suffered since the surgery. I'm really hopeing  that this is going to be her last  surgery and we can get off the antibiotic treadmill. Her most recent script ran out on Thursday and her knee is weeping again already and she isn't using the robo-knee to bare weight at all.

I would also really like it if I could live in a house with fewer throw rugs. I have really nice hard wood floors, I would like to see them again and even better, I would like my dog to be able to walk on them too.

No comments: