Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Thoughts

The weather people have vowed and declared that we are going to get snow. A substantial amount of snow. They are liars.

They did this twice before thus far this winter. Told us we were all going to die under a thick white blanket of doom and nothing happened . I have no reason to believe that their most recent prognostication is going to suffer a similar fate. Thursday for example it was warm and lovely. Lovely! I tell you! Not a hint of in-climate weather.  But, lovely weather aside, Thursday I spent lunch at Wally World stocking up on food for the animals. I would have done this anyway, probably Friday, but on Friday we are allegedly going to be dead.

I am using my shopping as proof it is not going to happen. I went to Wally World at noon the day before we are all going to die and 1) There was food on the shelves, and 2) There were no crowds. The locals here know when hell is going to break loose and they know hell is going to stay locked up. I did however, go to Kroger later on and there was crowd-age. But, I'm choosing to see that as what the store looks like at 6pm and not as a sign  imminent death.  The locals are good though, I never listen to the weather guys, I keep watch on the milk and bread aisles at the grocery.

I decided that the best defence is a  solid offence. If I am stocked up and ready to go, if I have all my hatches  battened and sails tied down, house stocked with food, car full of gas - That the weekend will be as lovely as Thursday. Stands to reason. If I prepare for the worst, i.e the foot of snow they are predicting, everything will be fine and we'll all laugh and laugh.

Perhaps a light dusting, maybe an inch of accumulation- Just enough to kill the bugs! I mean, I would welcome enough snow to be photogenic, because I love me some photogenic snow and I know where to get photogenic snow - But, we have to get snow without ice. No Ice. No!

So. We get snow or we don't. The weather weenies have lied to me too many times, but just in case I'm taking my camera and my rubber boots into work with me. You never know.

No comments: