Thursday, January 28, 2010

Over Thinking in the Kitchen with Diana

A friend from work gave me the heads up about the coolest better mouse trap evah " Spray Frosting! Its in a can! and you spray it! It's like Cheeze Whiz only not gross!

I signed on to make cupcakes for our quarterly birthday party and when I told her I was going to the store to get ingredients and I was trying to decide about frosting flavor and she suggested that I check out this new spray frosting and I said sure, why not! And boy am I glad I did!

I tried it out and its just like real frosting because it is real frosting! Its exactly like the stuff in the tub except its spray-able! You can make artsy frosting designs! Its just the coolest thing ever. Its pricy, about $1.50 more than tub frosting but its much cleaner and easier to deal with and its fun. Fun is good when you have to frost a lot of cupcakes. You don't want ennui to set in while you are frosting cupcakes or anything in general. You need to be able to keep a good outlook and many times that can prove difficult while cake frosting. Its a very unknown fact that frosting can be depressing.

Also, it is much harder to hoard frosting when you can't really really how much you have left in the can, so in the long run its probably better for you in general. I worked hard to make these cupcakes more or less healthy, I used applesauce instead of oil and I used egg whites instead of whole eggs and then I dumped full fat, full sugar frosting on top. You can make the cake with organic, whole grain and as homeopathic as you want but nobody wants "healthy" frosting, we want full on frosting. You have to go full on with the frosting.

For real. This was actually a part of my thought process. I stood there in the frosting isle and debated the "meanings" of the varieties: I felt it was necessary to debate primary colors verses the earth - tones. I decided that blue, red or green frosting's   do not really send the right message about the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle .  Bright colors say: "I'm probably giving you  some sort of neurological damage" while  Ecru frosting  on the other hand, says "I care about maintaining your optimal health."  I went with the earth-tones.

You all think I'm kidding.

No comments: