Wednesday, January 27, 2010

DIY

I was a very good girl: I did not take any unapproved naps an I watched a first run episode! . I even learned that I can take off Brittany from my list of Places I've Never Heard of But I Really Should Learn More About, I do not need to go all the way there as for thousands less I could go Maine. I'm sure they have lovely French restaurants there too.

Yay me. Instead of napping and L&O abuse,  I spent too long in a hot shower trying to sweet talk my sore shoulder and neck into chilling out and letting go.  I thought letting it have a nice, long, hot shower would make it like me again. It didn't.

I could spend the weekend working in the yard and suffer no ill effects but I do nothing but nap in front of the TV and suddenly ow!. And it couldn't be my all-but-useless left side either, no, it "has" to be the all important right side.  I don't need to lift my arm or check for on-coming traffic or anything, I'm good. Not. I live in NASCAR country, I can't just go through a green light without looking both ways twice first.

I had been trying to beg forgiveness from what ever muscle family I have offended by draping a warm towel around my neck, but that works for about three minutes at a go. I've also been downing a couple of Aleve every morning but that isn't making the muscles let go. I need a store bought heating pad and my DYI version is not optimum and I spend a lot of time with a damp neck. I was going to get one for Dogger but I couldn't do it, even for her, once I started pricing them. Do you have any idea how much your average plug in heating pad costs? A lot. Way too much for a heating pad.

So, obviously, I don't have one and microwaved towels are either too hot or too cold. If you think your Hot Pocket gets cold five minutes away from the microwave, you have enver lived or died by a microwaved towel.

1 comment:

Dago said...

nice!
see this link you could appreciate it (maybe)
http://www.google-gothic.com