Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sleeping

I'm so good at work. I work at work. Work, work, work. And then I come home and do nothing, sure I feed the animals and myself but when I come home from work my agenda is severely limited.

Today I came home, walked Dogger, fed everyone and then said I'm going to watch some Law and Orders and then the kitty jumped into my lap and I said. Okay, I'm going to watch a lot of Law and Orders. My plan when I sat down to watch L&O's was to briefly scan through a few of the several hours that tape each day and then take Dogger for a post-dinner walk. I like these, I decided that if I feel safe enough to walk Dogger in the the pre-dawn darkness that I could also feel safe walking her in the post-dunk darkness. It all looks the same there is just more street traffic, which is a good thing. The more cars the more eyes the more of a safety net should I ever God Forbid! need one.

And Dogger needs the exercise. I also sat down with the idea that I could also perhaps, walk to one of the Pirates at the corner and maybe get a candy bar or something. I forgot that I hate them and I don't want to give them business - I should have taken this as a sign.

I'm watched parts of three or four of the L&O's they were weighted heavily to the Benjamin Bratt years and I don't care for the character, he's too reactionary and I keep waiting for Lenny to smack him. Which he does not.I mute the TV.  The cat jumps into my lap. And now I'm not moving ever. I can hear the wind outside and Dogger doesn't like wind at all and she has had two walks already and if I go outside I might go to the pirates and I hate them and so I could really just stay in my chair with my cat curled up on my lap - because I wouldn't want him to think I didn't approve of this lap sitting thing. I want him to know its >okay. I fall asleep.

I fall asleep because the wonder of sleeping under the eves are over-rated. Listening to the wind wail and the rain pound the roof is not restful. The next time a storm comes though, I'm sleeping downstairs.

No comments: