Friday, January 15, 2010

Work, work, work

I did so much nothing tonight and its all the little animals fault.

I was going to do stuff. Like laundry and dishwasher emptying and  general tidying but I  I didn't get any of it done.  If would have been pretty much miraculous if I had, but this time it wasn't because I just didn't feel like acting like a grown up and getting things done. I am still holding out the hope that someday the elves will come out of the walls and do all the chores I would rather just ignore until they develop their own ecosystems.

Also, all my shows came back on and so my hands were tied. You have to set your priorities. I choose to prioritize Community over emptying the dishwasher.

I started out being all good.I fed the dog, I changed out of my work clothes, I took the recycling and trash to the curb, I ate dinner, I  industriously tormented baby kitty with flash photography so that I could get Friday Cat Blogging, I  watched several Law and Order episodes, but none of them all the way through, I had things to get done.  I think I enjoy L&O more when they are aggressively ripped from the headlines.I don't love the financial crime/murder episodes as much though, I really don't care that much about dead accountants unless they were taken out by a really good guest star, preferably one that I recognize. I need to not Tivo six hours of Law and Order  day.

Anyway. I was going to get my "work" done early because of my TV shows and I like to be able to watch them on the big TV whenever possible, instead of watching them on the small office TV while multi-tasking -  Its a sign of respect. I like to watch my sitcoms on the larger screen  because I think it adds some gravitas to the tit jokes. So I went to the office room to do my thing early and I saw Dogger sleeping on the futon and she looked so lonely and a little sad -and I decided to sit with her for a while. I fell asleep with her cone in my lap.

And then  the phone rang and it was 7:57 and my shows came on and so I got up and went into the other room and settled in, like you I'm sure, to watch Community. Fine. Its a half hour, its comes on at 8:00 and  I thought I would be able to watch it and then get up and make up for lost time. Yeah.

Baby Kitty jumped into my lap and curled up and watched TV with me! He has never done that! And so all of a sudden, I can't move, I can't leave. This is it, I am in this chair until he moves because I am not going to make him think I don't want him to jump up on the chair with me! So instead of photo editing and entry posting at a reasonable hour, I ended up watching a half hour of Bones and then the first 30 Rock episode and its getting later and later and I'm thinking How much of this can I do from my phone? Not very much but I was able to keep up with my email.

So I got nothing done early, and had to stay up late but my animals love me.

No comments: