Thursday, February 11, 2010

Meow

I was being very good. I ran my errands over lunch so that I could go home after work promptly. I made it out of the weekly staff meeting, again promptly as to get home quickly and was rewarded by a huge gust of wind at my back so that I actually arrived home before I left. All and all very good.

I came home and there were no bills, I  wrapped a shower gift,  and fed Dogger. Dogger did not get a walk, which is not good but Dogger hates the wind and the fact that she 1) agreed to go out at all and B) stayed out in it long enough to pee shows just how far she is willing to go for a treat. I have raised her well. After I fed  Dogger and myself, I handed off the shower gift, saving myself a trip to the post office and ensuring the gift would arrive on time despite my own personal slackness. Very good!

And then I sat on my chair under a blanket and watched TV. This is also good. My plan was to watch a bits of Law and Order and  House Hunters Domestic and International and then go to the grocery and pick up some food for myself and feral kitty. Good because I have a coupon for some sausage and I was planning on going to the Nice Kroger, as a reward for going to Poverty Barn at lunch and only buying what I went in there for. Good!

And then  right in the middle of Law and Order, the cat jumped on my lap.Very, Very Good! or bad, depending on your views on efficiency and Getting Jobs Done. Have you ever been happily ensconced under a nice blanket watching your TV and then had your cat jump on your lap? All of a sudden you go from making plans for your future to making sure you don't move more than you have to. Having your cat jump on your lap and curl up is one of life's happy moments. It make up for the four ayem wake up mews, the unself cleaning cat boxes and the wet gifts that await under your bare feet in the morning.

I wasn't going to the grocery.

An hour later, I finally did get up and Dogger and I wandered around the back yard while she took care of business and I surveyed for wind damage. Dogger was successful I was not. Despite what the radio weather person told me : We all gon' die and  All the trees are gon' fall down" these things did not occur and my backyard is no more littered than it usually is. Good.

No comments: