Friday, March 12, 2010

40's of fulfillment

If you walked past my house right now you would think I either had the best week ever or absolutely the worst in living memory.  My  recycling bin is full, normally I recycle a coke can here and water bottle there  and some weeks I don't manage to put out a plastics/can/bottle bin at all, but not this week.

Earlier than I am out walking Dogger, the 40oz Bunny is out leaving me many, many "eggs" to hunt for. Beer bottles, water bottles, beer and soda cans,  random  juice containers... and they just sit there forever. I walk Dogger every day on the same route and every day I see these bottles and cans just sitting there piling up and they never got picked up and I started to think I could pick them up! I should pick them up! but it took  me a while to get it together - Remembering to bring a big enough plastic bag to carry all my loot was a toughie.

The first day I got a huge haul . I get a huge all every day.I thought I  would have over fished my particular pond but thus far that is not the case.  I was very naive. I did see a little bit of a dent my the fourth day and by day five I did need to hunt a little.  A little. Hardly at all and I don't pick up broken glass and I don't take your beer bottles off your front yard no matter how many days in a row I see them there twinkling and teasing me and I don't go fishing in the storm drains, although it would be an easy kill, I prefer to keep my hands clean.

So there are recyclables I don't  pick up and yet I do not run out. But, it does look better. The field behind the pirates gas station does look a little less trashy, there is less broken glass on the sidewalks,  and there are fewer cans in the street.

 I don't know how long I'm going to continue my Neighborhood Beautification project but  its so freaking easy and such a no brainer I don't see any reason to not keep it up. What would be great, would be  if the winos, assorted junkies and street scum that frequent my neighborhood would stop being such lousy citizens, lazy sob's and enemies of the planet or we could start punish littering with the death penalty. Ask me how I feel about that in a few months.



3 comments:

dance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eduth said...

For "blog administrator" should I read "thediana," or should I read "Big Brother"?

Unknown said...

It means it was spam and I removed it. I can do that now.