Thursday, March 11, 2010

Scooby Snack

Its raining. Bummer. Dogger needs to walk in the evening, it calms her down and its good for us both. And I look like a bad ass walking my giant dog in the dark. Ruff.

The other night we were out for our evening walk and met with three baby Gs out for their evening stroll and the G taking up the rear looked a little fearful at Dogger and the lead G said "It's just a dawg!". Dogger I swear to Gawd, stopped and looked back at the Gs as if to say "Just" a dog? How about I just bite through your femur? How 'bout that junior? Girl dog talks trash. She shouldn't really run anyone to ground anymore, but she can lunge like a son of a bitch. Don't mess with my dawg.

We were out for our five pm walk the other day and we were walking on the sidewalk and we passed this guy.

Guy - Hiya
Me - Hi
Guy - Out for a walk?
Me - Uh. Yeah.
Guy - That's good.

The last couple of days its been warmer and I've seen a lot of people out walking their dogs, which is great, I love to see that because its good to see people doing that for their dogs and its good exercise for the walker as well. Also? it makes me look less like a dog walking freak , I would really like it if more of them would walk their dogs at 5:45 am because when I see other people out  at that hour I imagine that they are dangerous crazy people  coming back from some pre-dawn slaughtering . If they had their dog with them, it would make them look less homicidal.

 All these new dog walkers and I am the only person who picks up after their dog! I swear! I'm seeing lots and lots of  dog bombs all over and it's making me crazy. Its so not hard to pick up after your dog! I do it over and over and not once has it been a hardship. do you know what a hardship is? Dog shit on your shoes! That is a huge hardship.

Speaking of people and their dogs, today we saw the happiest puppy ever. There is a house on our five pm route that is the home of three little girls and now their leetle black lab puppy! All puppy tummy and puppy feet. It looked like a toy and the little girls were so proud of it. I just wanted to cross the street and eat it up.

I would have but as afraid that Dogger may also eat it up so we stayed on our side of the street. I shouldn't say that, Dogger has always been very respectfully of small dogs but I thought she would get over excited by the little girls who strike me as squeally.

She has long been a fan  little girls, but lately, when I've stopped to visit with people along the way, she has felt obligated to climb her leash and generally show her ass and I don't want her to do that in front of children. What I really wanted to do was to to rush her home and come back by myself to fondle/eat the puppy. I had to settle for left over pizza.

No comments: