Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Playing with my food

I decided that I needed to go out for dinner and I that as long as  I was out, I needed Chinese food. I should have known there had been a change to my friendly neighborhood Chinese restaurant when I walked in and saw no Asians. No Asians is a bad sign when you walk into a Chinese restaurant, instead I walked in and saw Hispanics! Good if you're looking for decent carne asada, bad if you're in the market for General Tso's chicken. My first big hint should have been the GRAND OPENING signs they had posted and as the place has been there for years, I should have seen those as signs as what they truly were: signs of foreboding.

Uninspiring Chinese food is such a let down, and I start out with very low standards as to what counts as inspirational Chinese food anyway; In my world if you cut it in small enough pieces and drown it in  salt and brown sauce I am going to walk away inspired.

I really like that Chinese place too. Now I'm going to have to go to the buffet place by Wally World. I don't like it because it is a carbon copy of another Chinese place by another Wally World. I don't mind my McDonald's all being the same but if I'm paying $6.60 a plate for tiny pieces of brown meat in salt, I like to have it seasoned with less copy toner

After dinner, I was forced to drown my disappointment by going to a near by low end department store to recover among the very lovely smocked children's clothes. Tiny E , post a  phone call  to her Mommy and Daddy,sadly, did not end up any new dresses but she did come thisclose to getting a deeply discounted rain suit - just about the only thing in the little girls department that was not hand smocked and even it was embroidered.

The dresses were adorable though. You could die from the smocking on those dresses! $31 is not too much to ask for something that probably caused a Chinese political dissident to become blind and arthritic.

 Too bad they were all dressy dresses and no play wear - which is a drag, Tiny E likes to wear dresses and while there is no little girl more princess positive than her,  even she does not need to wear crinolines to daycare. Every day.

In a perfect world, post Easter though, I would make sure that child had a wardrobe that would make Suri Cruise pout.

No comments: