Friday, March 26, 2010

Best Laid Plains

I am very proud of me. I survived the first day of The Plan.

And I puff, puff am in puff such bad shape. I mean really, gasp, choke. I was in better shape but then it got cold and I wore layers. Today I did my first full day of The Plan. I walked Dogger in the AM, ate a protean bar for lunch, walked Dogger after work and ate a relatively not entirely
unhealthy dinner, but I will do better - and then rode my bike around the neighborhood and then walked Dogger again in the PM.

The walking I was find with. The bike rides nearly killed me.

Enter the puffing and the gasping. I even had to cross train! I haven't crossed trained on a bike ride since this time last year. So I shouldn't be entirely surprised but still, the gasping and puffing and hacking were really embarrassing. I'm riding, I'm riding , I'm riding and I was feeling great and then out of nowhere is this  heavily camouflaged hill  appeared and I had to cross train my way up it or along it as it was. I was very disappointed in me.

I did ride my bike the rest of the way home, so there is hope for me.

Speaking of other things that are disappointing me. This week I collected about a quarter of my usual haul of recyclables, I'm a little embarrassed to put it out the curb. The guys are going to think I got my life together or something, in my mind they make up stories about us to explain our weekly output and they  they made up an interesting story to explain my suddenly over flowing cans and bottles bin .

I mean, its interesting to just decide to pick of cans and bottles but its more interesting to sup-posit that I suddenly started binging because of some hugely interesting personal drama. My sudden lack of output might be because I was unable to gather Friday through Sunday but that should have translated into really big hauls early in the week but it didn't. I also noticed that someone mowed my best picking grounds. The nerve. It does look much more tidy now. Maybe I also collected all the available recyclables too. It could happen, some of what I harvested had been there for quite some time, I mean, I found some genuine antiques and maybe I just hit the recycling wall.

The good news is that we are looking down a three day weekend and a religious, family centered holiday. The winos will be miserable and I will have a full bin.

No comments: