Monday, March 22, 2010

Garden 2010 Update 3

yes boys and girls its time for another exciting update! And this week? The paint has dried! I repeat, the paint has dried We have an exciting new development : Watching Grass Grow!

Moving them into more direct light seems to have been a good idea. I  also spent the weekend away from them, which was provision of the TRO that the judge granted the plants. Apparently they don't like me peering at them with a flashlight for hours on end! Who knew? I thought they would appreciate the attention as well as the benefits of all the added CO2 my visits provided.   They claimed that I creeped them out. Whatever.

You know, I don't care really, I mean one day very soon they are going to wish they had me standing over them all the time protecting them from danger. I'll get my revenge though, I know who called the law on me and when it comes time to cull the herd I know who's going first. Count on it.

Despite our difference of oppion, the flowers are doing exceptionally well for things less than an inch tall. I'm really pleased with how well they are coming up and that they are coming up at all is a lovely surprise in itself.  The poppies are doing really, really well.

Week 2


Orange poppies, red flower vine, tall white flower

Various flowers

Pink and orange poppies

Look at those sexy, sexy little sprouts! Aren't they gorgeous? They are all gorgeous but they will clearly have to be thinned at some point along the way. I thought about just saying "let nature take its course" but I'm afraid that might mean "they all suffocate and starve" instead of two or three thrive and four or five  go on to their planty reward. I think you're supposed to wait until there is real leaf growth and I don't think those things count as leafs. Leaflets maybe but I'm not going to get rid of any yet, I'm going to see who which ones are the strongest first before I start pulling things out.

I also planted a few veggies as well.  I'm hoping for a good show here but so far they aren't doing as nearly as well as the flowers. I had thought I would have more sprout than I have, and that I would have acres of green beans but its not looking like that. I may have to plant more, but it is early yet and I want to give them a chance to rebound. The beans are doing  better than the luffas.

Greenbeans and unsprouted luffas

No comments: