Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday, the gateway to Wednesday

Dogger has run out of cookies and I saw this coming and I said to myself "I need to make Dog Cookies Monday night".  So I had it in my mind all day that I would eat dinner and then get started on the cookies but then I was still hungry after dinner and I thought about all the apples I ate over the weekend and I thought to myself that what would  be good would be another apple and since apples don't grow on trees around here, I had to go to the store to get some. I went to the store and bought pre-packaged dog treats! I feel so dirty.

I also bought raisins and cereal and for .50. two pieces of only slightly dried out chocolate cake. I ate one of the cakes and two of the little packages of raisins. I could bought two slices of coconut cake, but that's much higher in calories than cake without coconut. I wind up feeling virtuous in the end because I bought the chocolate cake instead.

I felt so bad about the cake, I bought Dogger the bacon treats. I was looking through my coupon envelope that I so wisely carry with me now and I discovered another dog treat coupon that featured the word FREE. I like free and I think Dogger will too. Gawd knows its the only way she would ever have access to munchies that cost $3.89 for two treats. I think they are some sort of chewy treat/toy thing that she will probably enjoy.

Dogger just realized that House is a rerun and I since I am not otherwise occupied, I should be out walking her. Life sucks for her. I all ready took her on  a car trip this evening so what does she want? And, it got cold again after a gorgeous weekend and now I feel like pouting and I don't want to go for another walk.

I thought after my little break that I would come back to a huge mess but there was some good news on the  cans and bottles front - after three days away, there were very, very few cans and bottles out there for me to gather! I went out twice today thinking it was going to be like shooting fish in a barrel but there turned out to be almost nothing out there, which I guess is good but at the same time, where is all the crap? Did someone do something to the great winos of Southeast Raleigh? Did they all get saved over the weekend and swear of demon rum? Did they switch to IV drugs?  If not, are they doing their drinking elsewhere? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: