Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hell is for children ('s sizes)


I was at Wally World the other day ,  and while I was there I noticed a selection of discounted UNC/NCSU merch. Tiny E and Neffy do not need or want NC themed merch but my cousins two girls in Michigan do.


I didn't get anything that day because I didn't know their sizes and there seemed to be so much merch that  I could call their mother later and find out their sizes and school preferences and it wouldn't hurt my selection. I didn't look too closely at the available sizes because there was just so much merch that I didn't have time or desire to paw through it.    I called and got sizes and preference and I could have mentioned that  I live in town with one but the other has a national reputation but I don't really think it makes a difference. She wanted whichever  school had the prettier colors and a she prefers a zipper vs a pull over style.


My only right move before I left for Wallyworld, was that I had just eaten dinner so I wasn't  going starved, which was good, Wally World is full of bad convenience food and it all cheap and looks designed to be eaten while you are wandering around - We have gone past food appropriate for eating on the run to food appropriate to eating while looking at socks. Sad. Anyway, after much looking around and being teased by Mexican  pastries, it turns out that Wally World thinks my college merch needed to be with the plastic flowers and yarn . This time I took time to study the sizes and while I remembered correctly that they were sized from Preemie to Defensive Lineman - It was not part of my memorie that everything was either very tiny or very huge and very little in between.


 My cousins children are not tiny or very huge so I had to spend a lot of time molesting the merch. I also of course, didn't bring the slip of paper I wrote their sizes on, because  why would I want to do that? It might have made my life easier and the other People of Walmart would not have spent so much time looking at me - You don't want People of Walmart looking at you. Its not that I didn't understand, I spent a lot of time touching the merch and holding things up to better ascertain what children's sizes really mean. I mean a lot of time. I think there was a shift change while I was stressing over what size 4 really means and is a mythical size 10 that I couldn't find, really  that much larger than a 6x that I could find. I finally settled on the biggest size four and the smallest size 10 I found on a different rack that was not nearly as on sale as the size 4. Of course.


Wally is a bastard. and Wally World is hell.


I came home and checked my slip of paper, conveniently located next to the sink and found the kids wear a size four and a size 8-10. Score.

No comments: