Monday, March 29, 2010

Lists

I gave my self a very ambitious to-do list for the weekend.

- The kitchen is filthy
- The"club chair"   will not buy itself
-The upstairs bathroom is a shameful mess.
-The dog needs more cookies
- The laundry needs to be done
- The yard is hideous
-The beans could be replanted into bigger quarters
- The Hangover needs to be watched and returned
- The garden needs to be turned again
-The garden needs to be enriched
-The garden needs a plan
-The psudoplanters need to have drainage holes drilled

And I really tried. But Friday night I tried to go chair shopping only to discover that you can't go chair shopping in the evening! You can't. I was bummed. I had to watch The Hangover instead that was funny was not as pants pissingly hi-larious as I had been promised. I did however, get it off my list. Yay.

Saturday I went chair shopping. I haven't gone furniture shopping since 1997. My problem then was having more taste than money. I have the same problem in 2010 except that the furniture is now even more expensive than it was in 1997 and my taste has not change and now I have even less money. I still want what I can't have. I have corinthian leather tastes on a genuine man made leather budget.

If I like it, I can't afford it. If I think its crap its right in my price range. Do you have any idea how depressing it is to go into a discount, wholesale, clearance house,  factory blow-out, total liquidation  outlet and still not be able to afford anything? I saw a chair I liked strictly on its looks and discovered it was like sitting on a concrete bench, too bad it would have looked great with my couch.

I took a step back and thought about other options. Consignment! I've seen things I've really wanted at such stores and always said that the minute I actually needed anything that I would come right back and buy something. When I was not in the market they had the perfect chair! I remember it. Now when I am in the market? Almost nothing and the one possible was in worse shape than the chair I want to replace.

Bygones.

So Saturday I drove a lot and didn't really get anything off my list. I paid the guy to mow my lawn. Saturday night I made dog cookies with the cutest cookie cutters evah



Cute no? Well, in reality they proved to much cuter than their cookies. The bunny is passable but the ducky. ..


The ducky looks like a penguin, which would be fine, except that penguins are not seasonally appropriate! Its very confusing to the dog.

No comments: