Friday, March 19, 2010

Rattle

I had two things piss me off today. My mail didn't arrive. Again.

This time I pulled out the phone book and called the postal service to rattle some chains and find out where exactly where my mail is being held and what I have to do to get it back. FYI Chain rattling can be accomplished between 8:30-5pm M-F.   I didn't get home until 5:30, at which time you can huff  at some operator who will inform you that your post office delivery schedule is 8:30-2pm, and that I am correct, today is not a federal holiday. Tomorrow though I call the post office and huff at someone there. Fat lot of good it will do me.

 I'm  just glad its getting warmer and bike riding season because  over the summer I can  ride my bike to the post office every day whether I had mail to drop off or not. I look forward to not having to rely on the postal service to  be responsible for my outgoing mail.

The other thing that pissed me off was my DVR! I know! I was shocked too. I've had my DVR for a while now and its never let me down, its a very responsible toy. Tonight though, it thought Community was a rerun! It wasn't. The schedule said "Originally aired 3-18-10", which would be today but not in whatever world my DVR's head was. It knows what day it is,  the clock works and it knows the year it did not however know that Community was a first run episode and as such  I missed the first eight minutes! I have no idea why they were taking all these weird electives and what it all meant. And? Chevy Chase said  something deep and meaningful and really, really thoughtful. Yes, I said it : Chevy Chase said something deep and meaning and  really thoughtful and I won't be able to watch it again and wonder why it was in this show - which was all together not a deep and meaningful episode, except for the couple of times when it was - and when oddly,  Chevy was on screen .

See? Chevy Chase was deep and charming! Chevy "I Have No Soul" Chase! It was clearly some sort of bend in the space time continuum and I don't have it saved. I don't have my mail and I don't have Beginners Pottery.

No comments: