Friday, April 9, 2010

Bad Girl

I was a bad, bad girl today. Bad . I ate at McDonald's for the first time in a while and I saw on the french fry wrapper that they list the calorie count. Do you have any idea how many calories there are in an order of small fries?

A butt load and adding insult to injury? My happy meal toy sucked - It started out cool because it was a dragon and I thought Wow. A dragon. This could be cool but then it didn't light up or talk  or anything and the wings kept falling off! What kind of happy meal toy is that?! I think that maybe once upon a time it might have at least made noise, it was hard to tell from the picture if the little lines were supposed to represent light or sound but it didn't do either and I was sad.

And fat.

Sad and fat. The good news is that the small burger comes in at under 80 calories so at least I didn't feel bad about that part of my lunch.

And then I went home. Well, several hours later, I went home and when I got there I was faced with a new Burpee catalog. Evil, evil, evil. Then I was bad again. I was looking through the catalog and looking at all the absolutely gorgeous flowers including one Chomley Farran I want so bad! I mean really, really want I saw it in last years catalogue and it was so pretty and there it is again and I can buy plants inside of seeds so there is the instant gratification aspect that I really, really respond to and I'm thinking about ordering them even though they are relatively expensive for flowers.

So I decided that I would  not order the flowers  now but they are on my wish list. I will order them because I can rationalize this because they are perennials. Okay, I was not bad yet and then I looked through the rest of the catalogue and I found page 68.


Major Wheeler! A bright red honeysuckle! Honeysuckle that I paid for! I didn't have to steal it or anything! So, really Good Girl! But I had to pay for it, so actually Bad Girl and I bought three of them. But they're perennials! They'll come back! And they're so pretty and red and everything else in the back yard is so green, I mean there are about 256 different shades of green back there and these will just totally pop. So Yay. I have my honeysuckle.

No comments: