Thursday, April 8, 2010

Doggedly

I didn't get a ride in this evening but  I did mow my lawn. I think its a fair trade.  I have a manual lawn mower, mowing the yard is a real work out. I also packed my bag and started to get ready to go away for the weekend. Last weekend with the three days off I worked like a dawg and almost no fun at all, this weekend I'm hopeing to have fun and do almost no work at all. I'm going to have to work a little bit tonight though to make sure I can hit the road when I want to on Friday though, but I think I'll be okay. I am going to have to water the hell out of the plants in the front though, they seem to be unusually thirsty.

Speaking of plants, I think I'm losing a couple of more bean plants. There are a couple that just seem droopy and they won't undroop, I thought they weren't getting enough water but the soil is suitable damp without being wet. It might be the leaves, there are too many leaves in the soil and this is my fault - I saw online last fall that leaves are great for your garden. Some leaves, not all the leaves. Next year some leaves but no more oak leaves, those bad boys do not  breakdown. So I'm a little worried about the beans, I will have about 8 plants still in good shape but the droopiness worries me and I'm afraid its going to become a trend.

My luffas are also not happy. They did not like move outside at all. They just went into this really deep depression and they haven't come out yet. The baby seem to be stuck in some sort of stasis, they aren't growing but they aren't dieing either. The one bean plant I planted up there seems to be doing very well though.

This weekend is all about not working, next weekend I have my work cut out for me. Saturday morning I am taking Baby Kitty across the street for a rabies vax clinic then I have the 2010 County Convention Woo! Where we will, according to the post card : Elect delegates to District Conventions (if you  are a delegate and  you bother to show up for the CC you automaticly go on to the District Convention). we will  think about 2010 Elections (and I will become nauseous) and We will consider precinct resolutions (and I will leave). Lunch can be purchased from the Young Dems who will be selling  hot dogs and chips or I! am! welcome! to! bring! my! own! Cheap bastards.

There is also a dog thing downtown that I thought about taking Dogger to - they are featuring a 1/2 K disabled dog walk! And I thought Dogger might be able to deal with doing that , but that was before I got the County Convention postcard so my plans have probably changed. Sunday, there is another Dog-centric activity that I think I'll go to but prolly without Dogger. I'm going to the dedication of a memorial picnic table at the Dog Park and I don't want to remind Dogger that there is a Dog Park and that she used to play there. I don't want her to get depressed about not being able to do run around and play off leash anymore. She might not be bothered but it would kill me too see her there being sad and all leashed up while the other dogs cavort .

No comments: