Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Windows to the world

I'm a bad Doggy Mommy. Dogger only had two walks today! I didn't walk her but I had a lovely bike ride to the post office! Bad, bad Dog Mommy. I suck. And poor Dogger should really be rewarded for not having a stroke today while the window guy was here.  Her Addison's can cause her to have a massive heart attack if she is sufficiently stressed - even with meds.

I gave her a couple of benadryl before I left for the day for insurance against her freaking out but I couldn't know what time the guy was going to come or how stressed it would make her. Dogger was a trooper though, and did not have a stroke

I might suck but I got my first electric bill under three figures since December! Yay!  I was so excited I hauled off and paid it just because I could. All I had to do to achieve this miracle was turn off my heat pump. Its fine for now but eventually, I'm going to have to turn it back on. Sadly, but I think for at least the next couple of months I'm going to keep myself cool by fanning myself with $67 utility bills.

Speaking of my utility  bills, today I started to make those better for myself. I got two new windows! One in the bathroom - a window that never worked and was being crushed by the house itself,  and  I  replaced the worst window in the kitchen! This  sieve window was responsible for a good part of my electric bill. I kept a piece of plastic sheeting over it just to help keep the drafts out. It never worked real well but it made me feel like I was doing something.

Only 12 or so more to go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the abandoned tree in the lot behind me will fall on my house during hurricane season and take out at least another four.

No comments: