Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ms. Greenjeans in da house!

It was not looking like a good week. The satellite guy didn't show up, the plumber didn't show up, the plants didn't show up. Not a good time.

But then the plants showed up!

Aren't they they cutest things ever?

They of course arrived in the middle of a rain storm. Perfect timing, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get them into the ground until the weekend. In actually, according to the instructions, that would have been just fine for the plants and is in fact advisable but I wasn't in the mood gratification that was less than immediate


Clearly, I have a lot of room left for more goodies. I'm in the market for  Carolina Gold tomatoes and more peppers. I wish peppers matured faster though that would be the one pepper draw back and as previously stated, there will be no broccoli this season. I have a lot of room  left though and maybe I'll go full out experimental and go with something that needs more room to grow. Hmmm, for example, Alphagal is growing watermelons...

Another thing that helped take the sting out of this bad week was Administrative Professional's Day or Take Your Secretary to Lunch Day. I got an expensive lunch from the boss and plant from our group




Yes, its that big. They got me one last year too. And while we are admiring the flowers in the front yard let us admire my raspberry plants. The little white button looking things are flowers. Lots of flowers.



More front yard updates:



the tall plant in this image is a green bean plant that was too viable to be
throw away but there wasn't room for in the back. I'm afraid he's going to
have to be moved again before too long.

So, it hasn't been a good week service -wise but my plants seem happy.

No comments: