Monday, April 26, 2010

Work is good for you

Baby Kitty is street legal! Yay! And he was such a brave baby kitty too. The clinic was held outside and we had to literally  wade through pit-bulls just to get signed in. And dachshunds, there were dachshunds every where under foot.  The barking and yapping alone would have been enough to freak a lesser kitty out but  not Baby Kitty, he was a total kitty rock star.

And then I went to the city dirt store and  shoveled dirt pant, pant and  then I came home and filled my planters pant, pant and then I went with Alphagal and Tiny E to the mall to find new glasses. It was way fun and thanks to Alphagals excellent direction and taste, I ended up with some rocking frames - think Buddy Holly meets Tina Fey. Without Alphagal I would have ended up looking like Harry Potters' older, deranged cousin. They still sell HP glasses and yes, they look good on me. Good in a "Hi. I'm 12" way but still, I can wear round frames. Perhaps as sunglasses... That might be kind of cool, I might have to check out those Internet glasses places and see what I could get. Hmmm.

After the  fun break, it was back to work. I was afraid that I was going to run out of plants (two flats) before I ran out of planters (4)  but instead I wound up with more flowers than planters. I had to get creative with my left overs but now the front of my house is gorgeous  and it even smells good.


*taken through my window
When I was planting my flowers I also got started on my Experimental Garden. I want to see if tomatoes and peppers will grow better and be more productive if they are grown in the much more intense sunlight on the side of the house. I think I all ready know the outcome here but I want to see for sure. I planted one tomato and one pepper in containers - I think this is going to effect my results and not in a positive way but I'm not prepared to tear up that area because my neighbors take care of it and have to look at it all the time. I see it only when I have to and I've ignored it for the last eight years. My challenge is going to be to remember to water the plants. I could in theory hook up a franken hose to the side yard but the experiment would have to be wildly succsessful before I took that step.

Saturday after I finished everything else, I called a furniture reupholster I found online who as it turns out has his shop blocks from my house and spoke with him about the chaise. He said as soon as I get it to give him a call and he'll come look at it.  He lives so close I regularly walk Dogger past his place. I didn't know he had a business there.


And then it was Sunday and it was time to pick up my $20 chaise!  For a  $20 investment I can totally afford to have it re-covered and fixed up. I had looked at spending $300-$400 of my tax return to get a new chair so I am willing to go to at least $250-$300 to get this chair taken care of. Can they make them longer?
*object is a lot more orange than it appears.

No comments: