Friday, May 14, 2010

I wear my sunglasses at night

I was beginning to think I really didn't want sunglasses.I would go to the store and not buy them. Over and over and over. Maybe it was a sign. I mean I only really need them to slow the progression of my decline in vision! I could learn to live with the burning and tearing! I could tough it out. Some people look better when they are squinting.

 I had not thought about was the frames and how they would take to clip on sunglasses.Yes, I thought about the frames quite a bit but  I failed to take their appropriateness for clip on sunglasses into account. I mean who does that? They were cool and I wanted them. I don't want to put thought into things. I wanted NEW and I got it.

Cool things should just have nice things. Cool things are cool because everything wants to hang out with them  and sunglasses are cool all ready so they would hang out with my new frames just because, right? And no I can't have traditional sunglasses like everyone else because I would have to get prescription sunglasses that cost a fortune and I would lose in the parking lot  of the frame store. Every ten days. I don't make enough money for that.

Anyway. I kept saying I need new sunglasses and I kept going to Wallyworld with the express intent to buy new sunglasses... and I bought cat food and shorts and  flour and mailing envelopes and all make and model of things and I would go home and dig through my thirteen plastic bags and I would not have sunglasses. Again.

I was annoyed and I realized that when I went to Wallyworld for the sunglasses I always went at night when I don't need sunglasses! and so of course I never thought to look at sunglasses while I was there! Okay! New Plan : Only Go To Wallyworld During The Day When There Is Sun...And I  would go home and dig through my plastic bagss full of asprin and pizza and slug bait and find no sunglasses again. Fine.

So I decided that maybe it was because I just hate Wallyworld! Maybe its just a block and I really don't want to spend more money and time at that hateful place.I hate standing in line for a half hour  so that I could buy a pen!  I hate the rude staff, I hate everything about it. I'm there three times a week but I hate every minute of it. Maybe its just a power thing on my part. I can control one aspect of my relationship with them by not buying things like, say, sunglasses from them. I get it!

 I tried Target. I love Target! I don't mind spending money there at all. Did you know that Target doesn't sell clip on shades?


Wallyworld sells clip on sunglasses that for my plastic frames.

1 comment:

Your Auntie said...

Thank you--I've been casually looking for clip-ons and noticing that nobody was selling them. I don't like going to WW either, but now I will go, and I will buy clip-on sunglasses, and then I will rule the world! (Now that I'm in Tampa and going to the beach tomorrow, I think I should get some.)