Friday, May 7, 2010

Munchies

I fell asleep again but this time I managed to wake myself up sooner. So score! I napped and still had a chance to make dinner, water the plants and take time to visit with the neighbors. I was weak willed about the watering though. I just couldn't bear to do the rain barrel dance so I used the hose. I know, I know bad conservationist! Bad. Weak.

But. There is only so much water in the barrel and sooner or later there isn't going to be any water in the barrel so its inevitable really. In my own way I am conserving because I am saving the rain water by using the city water - which I pay for and now pay more for because they told us to conserve and then they shockingly lost money on the deal - Shouldn't they have known this? Or did they know this would happen and this whole thing is a conspiracy to jack up our rates? while making us second guess ourselves about conserving? Maybe waste is good?

We don't use water, we pay smaller bills and now the water company ups our rates to make up for it. Bastards. They probably sold the excess to some water starved community that doesn't believe in conserving. Bastards, bastards, bastards.

I ate dinner and thought I was done with it. Nice fish, nice broccoli some really nice raspberries and then I was full for about an hour and then I decided that I would be willing to eat anything that walked in front of me...Only to discover I had stocked my larder with  quadriplegic snacks!

No comments: