Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blah, blah

Okay. I stayed awake! But. Is it better to have spent the evening sleeping or shopping? I certainly spent less money while I slept the evening away but I wasn't stocking my refrigerator with much needed staples either or getting prints I had wanted to get. I'm going to say that  for the greater good, helping the economy is a better way to spend an evening.

Speaking of the economy, lets talk about  the virtues of  Buying Local, my neighbor the upholsterer came by and picked up my chaise and gave a thumbs up to my fabric. her was also very impressed by the deal I got on it. He thinks I'm a cheapskate but I since I gave him his check  he wisely decided he wasn't  going to say anything about my spending habits. He promised to have the chaise back to me in two weeks. I'm putting on my calender, we'll see if he can make the deadline or if I'm going to have to put him on speed dial.

I called Doggers pharmacy last week to get a re-fill of her meds. I do this every month and I do it about two days after I should have which is really playing with fire and its a risk I need to stop taking. Well. I'm still waiting, the risk here is coming into play. So I called them and reminded them about my refill and lo and behold they had electric storms in the area last week and it mucked up their phones. I called at the wrong time and now they have to over night my script to me. I have about a month of extra pills on stand by just for instances like this but  I would much rather have her new pills in hand sooner rather than later.

No comments: