Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sleeping

I came home and walked Dogger and fed her and watered the plants and walked the fence line and made dinner and ate dinner and then I sat down and watched some TV and somewhere along the way I must have muted the set and then I closed my eyes for just a second and the next thing I knew it was seven-something and I said Hmm, its seven-something and I closed my eyes again and then the next time I opened them it was ten to nine and I sad Oh Shit! its ten to nine!

I probably should not have muted the sound. I think that was my mistake.

Earlier, while I was walking Dogger and completely awake, I called my upholsterer to see when he was going to come by, I had understood he said Tuesday and here it was Tuesday and he had not come by and so I was kind of wondering and then I had to talk to his machine. I'm afraid this does not bode well for our relationship, it  just started and all ready I'm talking to his machine? It turns out I am much higher maintenance than I thought because he didn't get back with me and now I'm really concerned about his work ethic. I'm investing a lot with him and I kind of need to have him show up when he's supposed to and then I need to see results and appointments being kept and chaises being picked up and recovered and returned in a reasonable amount of time.  I haven't even given him money yet and he's all ready not calling back? this worries me. Mr. Upholsterer needs to step up sooner rather than later.

When I think about falling asleep, my first mistake wasn't  thoughtlessly pushing mute it was staying up late Monday night. And Sunday night - not directly my fault. About 11pm on Sunday night Dogger started getting dry heaves. Lovely. I took her outside so that she could "heave" outside . Fine. But she wouldn't, we walked around and around the front yard and I walking around and around in my bathrobe and bare feet while Dogger literally hoovered  up the entire yard (when I think about it, I could get some sort of farm credit because she ate all the grass...) and  I was not enjoying this and we had an audience! The renters had everyone they know over and they were in the yard watching me in my bathrobe and I thought that was rude. I mean really, show some ick, class and go inside all ready. But no. he's a dick. I'm totally going to get him arrested the next time the opportunity presents itself. Humph.

Eventually, Dogger ran out of grass to chew and I took Dogger inside where she continued to hack and heave while I hurriedly put on shorts and shoes and took Dogger to the back yard where she ate even more grass and heaved some more and continued to not do her thing. I really needed to go to bed!

I went back inside again and this time I brought out the big guns : Hydrogen peroxide! It can act as a purgative and I needed Dogger to purge. Dogger kindly drank the potion and after wandering around the back yard some more, dutifully did her thing. Finally.

She seems just fine now.

I have no good reason for staying up Monday Monday night was my fault. I stayed up too late because I stayed up too late.

No comments: