Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wet floor

It's raining again and I don't really want to walk Dogger in it. I walked her twice in the rain already today and I don't relish the prospect of doing it again. I feel like a bad dog mama. And damp I feel like a damp dog mama.

I went to the store and bought my cousins baby a card congratulating him on his coming high school graduation. Congrats Kiddo! Go forth and prosper! Don't knock up your girlfriend! I'm going to go with the idea that the genetic stupidity he was born with might not manifest in this generation. But I bought him a card anyway and I'll send him some cash. If I was really mean I would send him Oh The Places You'll Go! because he'll get twelve of them and I don't think he'll ever go anywhere.

I'm really feeling nasty today. Maybe I should take Dogger for another walk, let the rain wash the nasty away. No. I don't want to, Dogger is sound asleep, stretched out on her futon and while she would be happy to go out for a pee break if I suggested it I don't think she would be up for a walk. The dampness seems to be a problem for her joints. Oddly, last winter when it was cold and then snowy and icy, I walked Dogger religiously every night sore joints be damned. Now, its warm and nice and I can't come up with reasons to not walk fast enough.  I guess its not enough of a sacrifice.

I would walk her right now but eh I would have to put my bra back on and go find a jacket and  I'm right in the middle of a really good Law and Order rerun and I am so going to miss Jeremy Sisto. All this sound a fury over Lost phew. I am however heartened that 24 ended with a whimper and not many column inches. Ha.  I do hope that Kiefer Sutherland's next project is not a right-wing wet dream because I used to be a big fan of he and his limited emotional range. James Spader wishes he had aged so well.

Nasty, nasty, nasty!

I harvested some more raspberries this morning and I think that is not going to get old. Three or four a day is just fine, three or four I eat before the damn squirrels or their evil buddies in the raspberry eating business, the birds. I do have some very frustrating mesh over part of the plants left over from last year and it seems to be working well enough. It has tried its damnedest to keep me from my own berries it must be a real bummer to the smaller brained. Good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except for a retreating hairline James Spader is looking good in person. He looks much better than at the end of Boston Legal!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that. He was looking tubby and ill. Hopefully he'll be back on TV or in some movie at some point.