Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On the go

I finally puff, puff found the bike pump! In a fit of well meaning tidy-ing I must have decided that under the car port was no place for a nice bike pump like it and it needed to be taking care of. because you know, poor sad little bike pump! I think prior to living in the wild it had lived in Minnie until a previous fit of tidy-ing had moved it. Because it staying in the same place indefinitely would bore it and I might know where it was from day to day but I must believe strongly in bike pump rights and bike pumps get bored really easily, they require a change of scene from time to to time.I also seem to think  deep down,that playing hide-and-seek with it is fun for both of us.  Clearly, I do not want it where I can find it. That would be wrong.

I had moved it to the basement. Where the bike isn't and where I would never look for it if I needed it. I must have moved it there in a desire to keep it safe or out of the rain or some other really-good-reason at the time but as well meaning as it was, it made sure I couldn't find it. For months.

So I found it! Then I had to use it and I was reminded why I thought shelling out a dollar for air seemed like such a good idea. The pump hates me! It pops off the nozzle on the tire and its hard to pump. I can't ell if its getting air into the tire at all or how much is staying in the tire after that. I was messing with the tip and the whole thing fell apart. I took a hint from the moron across the street who thinks that revving his engine is the same as fixing the engine and I smacked the tip on the driveway a few times to "make it work" ands shockingly, it did!  Maybe the moron is smarter than her appears because brute force worked and post smacking it fit better and the tire I had been working on seemed to be less soft. Tire "A" was easy, Tire "B" wasn't and it started off less flat.

But now, the bike tires both of them at the same time! are aired up and ready to go. The rain as stopped or at least stopped for the  moment and Bike and I will be ready to go,go,go! Having a ready bike did not stop me from driving to the post office the other night but in my defence, it was dark and Dogger did really want a ride in the car. It makes her whole day and she has been cooped up in the house more than either of us likes.

But yay! Bike is back! Now I just have to get back on it.

No comments: