Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bike

I went to all that trouble to finally get my bike tires pumped up and ready to go and then I get ready to go and the back tire is flat again. Totally flat as in no air.

My $48 bike may have passed its sell by date. Broskey has all ready put too much money into new brakes and assorted bikey whatnots that its needed and I can't see putting more cash in it for a bike that cost less than its combined accessories. I am very sad.

But not so sad that I didn't hie myself to Wallyworld to look at their bikes to see if they had any other $48 bikes for me. They didn't this time around but I could score a non-speed with white walls like all the hipster kiddos ride these days and I might like that.I could look really cool tooling around in that. Maybe I would get a cute hat or start wearing overalls... I am digging the white walls. These bikes cost over $100 though so I'm not sure what to do; One one hand I really need a bike because I need to exercise and fitness is priceless, but I could drop more cash on Purple Bike and maybe get it fixed enough to ride around but how long is it going to last  this time? And what if getting it fixed is more than just getting a new cheap bike?

I think I would like a new cheap bike!

I haven't been able to ride nearly as much as frankly I have needed to with my trip back to the Old Country looming at the end of June. I was supposed to be a size six by now and I think I've gained weight. Not good. I was supposed to be down many, many pounds by this time and I am not and I blame this on the bike's continued poor health and not my weakness and lack of self control and poor will power.

All the bike's fault.

There were some very cute bikes at my Wallyworld though, very expensive bikes - Some were upwards of $250!  For a Walmart bike! Which I do recognize as almost free as bikes go but since in my world $250 for a toy is still $250 for a toy and for $250 at Wallyworld I should be able to fill up a container ship with plastic crap and I'm not sure I want to gift Wallyworld with $250 all at the same time. There was a very pretty little mint green number though and it was sweet and it came with speeds and hand breaks and I think it was under $100 - A total win by the way, but my last bike was an el cheapo and it lasted a year but it lasted a year and how bad is that? A mint bike wouldn't match Minnie though and I kind of liked that about Purple Bike, it didn't stand out riding around in the car.

There was another blueish model that was also very cute and it was a white wall model with no speeds or hand breaks - A plus because there would be very little to break or get caught on say, everything on the interior of the van. A Problem I think thus far with Purple Bike.

But even with its various cables being tugged on, the cables are not at issues, most of the breaks still work! Some of the breaks. The bike still stops more or less.  I'm going to go visit other Wallyworlds.

No comments: