Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Unpretty in pink

I didn't get done what I wanted to get done. I was supposed to run out to Marshall's and TJ Maxx and find the exact right frame I want. I was supposed to find at least two that I wanted and then I was planning on grossly over thinking my choice.

I was looking forward to this. I didn't fine one that I liked. Two would have been the impossible dream.  I've never had a hard time finding frames at those storms and I just struck out. I suppose I should have tried out Target while I was at in the neighborhood but I decided to forgo the frame and just send the picture to my friend and let her make her own framing decisions. That is the anti-over-thinking way.

It makes the shipping easier too, I can mail it with her birthday card and kill two birds with one stone.  So its not what I wanted but its easier and easier is usually better... Over thinking is never easy. I also did not buy a very cute quilt for my chair. So I came out ahead, it was very cute though and I may have to go back - my only concern was that it was too burgundy and it could have used more green but it had all my other colors so it came out ahead really. No, I think I need the same quilt but in green but not lime, lime is big this year and lime wouldn't work for me, but if I had to choose between too much burgundy with a little of the right green and a lot of the wrong green and a little burgundy I think I would vote for the too much burgundy, but...

While I was being cruelly thwarted at the stores I was not doing the other things on my list. I didn't put anything away from the trip, I didn't tidy and I didn't plant the inpatients I got cheap at Wallyworld yesterday. I really did want to to get them in the ground but it rained (!) and so I wasn't able to get that task done. The plants all got watered though so that was a task accomplished.  I did take Dogger for her walk, I didn't walk her Monday because she has a thing on her foot and I wanted to treat it for twenty-four hours before I went full time back to her walk schedule. I've been washing it with soap and water and dousing it with her hot spot cure and triple antibiotic stuff. I'm not sure its a hot spot and in fact I have my suspicions that its actually road burn from her resisting going in a direction and digging her paws into the street or it could be a combination of the two.

It doesn't really matter what it is, her foot is pink and I'm all for girly things but the pink foot must go.

No comments: