Friday, June 18, 2010

Work Out

I was very good this week until Thursday when I asked myself what I wanted to eat for lunch and I said Burger King!.

 That was not what I meant to say, what I meant to say was  "protean bar and green tea".  And then I found   myself in the drive thru and sadly, there is no drive thru protean bar and green tea franchise. And protean bars and green tea do not taste as good as a plain and dry original chicken sandwich meal with onion rings instead of french fries and and a medium Dr. Pepper. For real.

If they sold a protean  bar that tasted like a Burger King chicken sandwich I would stop eating real food and if they could market a green tea that tasted like Dr. Pepper I would never drink water or any other kind of liquid ever again. My antioxidants would be through the roof!

I did however still ride my bike and it was on that bike ride that I decided I would mow the yard after I got home. It was very lovely at noon. Very, shockingly lovely, its not often that I think positive thoughts about lawn mowing at high noon or that I plan one physical exertion while in the middle of another. I usually think about naps.

After work it was less lovely. After Doggers walk I decided  that I was not going to be mowing the yard. I watered and fertilized the flowers and planted more flowers - Inpatients! good flowers,  very well behaved, hard workers, healthy as floral horses and the batch last year were psychic! they were also  on sale  from Wally World  because they stopped taking care of them. The sad thing is that I bought twelve new plants and I had room for all of them! At this time of year! I shouldn't have any room for any new anything and I could have planted more. My new plant nemesis are the evil petunias! Huge losers! lazy, weak constitutions, no will power what-so-ever and they can't  read my mind!

And then I mowed the yard. I started thinking that it was starting to look a little shaggy and if I waited any longer it was going to get too hard to mow and I don't really want yard work to feature prominently in my obituary, so I did it. I also started thinking about that original chicken sandwich meal and decided I didn't want it to be featured in my obit either. Manual push mowers are good for the environment and for you.

No comments: