Thursday, June 17, 2010

Drabbles

It finally rained. Sort of.  I heard it rain earlier and I heard that it rained after lunch but I didn't see it for myself and I wasn't hoping puddles on my way out to my car after work. I was able to take Dogger for her 5pm walk for the first time this week and that was nice. I rode my bike at lunch and didn't die so it was a good day. Yesterday was a good day too, it was too hot for our 5pm walk but it wasn't too hot to bath Dogger in the yard. It was nice for both of us and post bath we went for a walk while we were both still damp and so it was a lot more tolerable than it has been.

On our way home we had to walk through the parking lot of the liquor store. I live in such a nice neighborhood. A man in a car spoke to me:

Idiot - You have a really big dog.
Me - Yes I do.
Idiot - He bite?
Me - Sometimes!

Dogger had a very good day . She thought she was in for another dull day, a walk here a walk there, dinner a nap now and again, maybe growl at a passerby later - The daily grind, and then out of nowhere a bath in the yard! and then a walk? I mean? And even better? Later on while out for a pee, she got to glare at man as thoroughly he found the need to explain why he was out and about to her Dogger glares really well and all fluffy from her bath, we swear by conditioner, back lit properly, she must have looked like a bear. A very focused bear. - He was hurrying home to watch the basketball game.

Dogger seemed to believe his story.

Changing the subject. Have I mentioned that HawthoRN makes me want to wretch? She's supposed to be the DON and that is the position  The DON. No one ever and I do mean ever refers to the Director of Nursing anything but the DON. And the DON is not on the floor being all floor nurse, she is at meetings or in her office working on schedules and reports and stats and endless, endless forms. For the most part the DON is  a paper nurse, there is a hierarchy of nurses and she is at the top of it. She does not have time to also be the angel of the ER.

No comments: