Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Monday!!

Early in the week I took purple bike to the bike hospital. It was time. I told them that while it was a cheap bike it was a good cheap bike and it had been good to me. I rode that cheap bike every day and that's more than a lot of people can say about their not cheap bikes. I wanted them to treat it with some respect but I also told them I wasn't using it right now and they didn't have to get to it right now, you know, if they had someone come in with some sort of bike emergency that they most certainly should get right on it and not feel bad about it.

On Friday they called me.

The bzzzzzzzzzz needs to be replaced.Bzzzzzzzzzzzz The wheel and inner tube have been replaced. The bzzzzzzz is bad and the part needs to be ordered, converting to single spebzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The bzzzzzzzz is on its last legs. Derailbzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you want us to do? bzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I asked them how much this had cost so far

$Bzzzzz

I told them I paid $48 for it and how much more they thought this was going to run me.

$Bzzzzzzzzzzz

They asked me what I wanted them to do, as I had now spent much more to fix purple bike than I spent to buy purple bike in the first place. About twice what I spent for it and the ticker is still ticking. I told them to do the least they can do and not get sued.  To acheive this they have to order a something that is a "six" and what they have in the store is a "seven" bzzzzzzzzzz to take the bike from a three speeder to a one speed and fix the breaks that failed and do something with something else and thing they need to order won't be in for another week and they'll call me then. Bzzzzzzzzzz. I was like thank you for the updates but you're speaking Sanskrit, just fix the damn bike.

After my talk with the bike guy, I  went on to spend entirely too much time in grocery stores. I would go and buy what I needed and then I would need more things and I would go back to the grocery store and buy more stuff and then do the whole thing again. On the up side I did get everything I needed.

Other than marketing, I did laundry, I baked - I baked very naughty blueberry muffins from a package and then I baked very obedient blueberry  all-bran muffins. From scratch, flour, baking powder, egg whites... 

Speaking of from making from scratch, two of my sauce tomatoes either jumped or were pushed to their deaths! by squirrel or squirrels unknown. I only had three of them to begin with and now I have one. How can I make sauce with one tomato?! I put the fruits into a bag and I'm hopeing for the best but I know it won't make them ripe it will just make them red.

No comments: