Thursday, July 29, 2010

Things that should not be

Oh dear Gawd. Blogger is back! I'm shocked. I complained, I did with, I gave up and they fixed it.

Yesterday it was still not right and today its right. I don't know what to think, this and  The Texas Rangers are kicking baseball butt, clearly its a sign of the end times. They are winning games, they are winning more  games than they are losing! The Rangers!  I was on Facebook this afternoon and someone said the words "Rangers" and "World Series" in the same breath. I told you, end times. And besides, the Rangers always lose it at the All-Star Break  ...

Oh, dear Gawd. They've all ready had the All-Star break and they are still winning. End. Times.

I'm going to have to get a shirt.

Speaking of end times, I rode my bike at lunch today for the first time in weeks and I walked Dogger right after work. And then I fell asleep, for the first time in weeks.  I think however I have discovered the key to the falling asleep problem.

Today we had our weekly meeting, I needed a soda to make it through and then at the meeting I had four, four jellybeans.  I think it has something to do with blood sugar. I eat either too much of the right thing or any of the wrong thing at the wrong time and it goes up and then it crashes at the wrong time and then factor in the exposure to heat and I fall asleep when I don't want to. I came home, walked Dogger and made us both dinner then I sat down to watch a little L&O and it was lights out.

On the up side, I woke up after not as long as usual.

But back to the pattern. I think being exposed to the heat is a big contributor. I haven't been riding at lunch in about two weeks and I don't think I've had any episodes in that time - Which is good, because these random naps are a real time waste and they don't help with getting my chores done or going to sleep at a reasonable hour and then staying that way. Staying that way is important.

So exposure to the heat is a factor, sweet things or eating anything before five is also a problem, eating at 5:30 doesn't put me to sleep but snacking before five seems to also be a contributing factor. I probably should not have walked Dogger right after work, it was too hot and I should have just taken her out to pee and then fed her and walked later, when it was cooler or at least less hot.

Its good to know how this happens and what I have to do to at least try to avoid.

No comments: