Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ah Ha. We have posting.

 I was able to post from my phone but when I went to the horses mouth it was a no go. Whatev I can post now. Not that I have anything to post, I  had a very frustrating day computer-wise at work and I discovered that not being able to work all day is almost worse than working all day.

It turned out that I had a nasty little virus, well, not just me, other people as well and it was really hard to get the bugger out, in fact, I had to get a new computer - which took time and then all of my crap had to be loaded on to it and that took time and all and all, everything took a lot of time and I got nothing done. I did spend a lot of time playing with my phone though - lets hear it for mobile versions! I wish  more of the sites I go had them. You would think in this day and age they would be the norm, doesn't everyone spend too much time surfing with their phones? Isn't it the whole purpose of the Internet to provide us with more and better time wastes? It's appalling to not be able to access a site because its not mobile ready. Shocking really.

I shouldn't be playing with anything. I am going on vacation in a very short period of time and I am not prepared. Or worried. I should be very worried! I should be shopping and packing and collecting and doing!  Thus far I have done some shopping, for car food and I found a word search book I will use in the car - that's it. A couple of boxes of protean bars and a word search book. I haven't decided on clothes or thought about what toys I want to bring with me or started to collect books - I have three days in the car to prepare for and I have a word search book! I am appalled with myself.

I have thought about packing. I have been thinking a lot about the plastic vacuum bags I have under my bed. I got them for storage but I never got around to storing anything in them so now they look a lot like suit cases. I have a really big one, a cube, and according to what I remember about the blurb on the package, it will hold everything in my house.  The furniture, the fixtures, all of it. I'm sure it will hold a couple of weeks of socks and underwear and enough t-shirts to see me through. I  mean it will hold a couch.

I have half a mind to just go buy a bag o' socks and a bag o' undies and be done with it, I mean who doesn't need more socks and undies? Because If I do it, I can just sift through my 47,000 tee shirts and take the least offensive and throw in a couple of pairs of shorts and maybe some khakis and be done. with. it. -  But I was kind of thinking of bringing the nicer shirts that I wear to work - You know, I'm older now and maybe it would be better for me to project a more mature image. Tee-shirts don't exactly say "Hi. I'm a 42 year old woman", but then whoever wanted to say "Hi. I'm a 42 year old woman"?

No comments: