Monday, August 2, 2010

Citizen Diana

Freedom isn't free. It requires sacrifices from us all. Some of us are in uniform, all of us pay taxes and then there are the people who take part in the minutia of our democracy.

Thus,
A perfectly good Saturday, one where I woke up at an ungodly hour, drove to the most unlovely city in the state and preceded to sit in a garish ballroom



 ...all afternoon watching  a room full of gadlfys and attention whores make, sweet, sweet love to the microphones while they complained about everything in the paltform that didn't suit them personally  and failing that, bitched and moaned about "the" vs. "tha" and whether or  not it was a waste of time to have two resoultions in praise the president  - after much loud debate we decided it was not! too much - and then there was the hour we spent argueing about if it would be prudent at all to add a resolution condemming the threee wretched turncoats from NC that voted againts the healthcare bill.

 It was decided after much  strenouse debate that we would not condem them so much as express our disapointment in their choices and hope in the future that they will  REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE DEMOCRATS. Its an election year after all and we don't want to give the other side any more ammo.   My fellow deligates are spineless and weak and desirve the jack asses they elected.  I voted for the orginal resloution that suggested the three go to hell on an elephant made of fire. I thought it was succent and well written.

I left early. I can only stand so much before I begin to wonder if Roberts Rules of Order can be used as a bludgen or if it was more apropratly sized to shove down throats.

Before I got to where I wondered what kind of fly swatter you use on gadflys, Rep. Bob Ethridge gave a rousing speech that told us not to let the assholes get us down. I like him, a couple of jerks got in his face and he told them to fuck off. Its time for Democrats to follow his example and stop taking it on the chin. Turning the other check just gets us knocked on our asses.


If I never go back to Fayetteville it will be one day too soon. It is ugly and industrial and unloved. The entire city is "that part" of town. As I was happly leaving it behind I saw this:



Yeah. Kind of cute, but not enough.

No comments: