Monday, August 1, 2011

Cookin'

What a great weekend. No jobs! No projects! I didn't do anything I didn't feel like doing. It rained( thank you baby Jesus!)  so I didn't feel obligated to do anything sweaty outside. Fortunately for the people at work, I felt like doing laundry and taking a shower because otherwise, I watched TV and played in the garden and watched some more TV.

While I was in the garden I got some great news





A TWO! new baby watermelons!! So exciting! While I'm  bragging on my watermelons...






I think the experiment worked. They are all ready a lot larger than the first one ever got. I am so pleased with these guys. Who knew you could grow watermelons in your back yard? The Watermelon Board should do more to let people know this.

The rest of the garden is doing its thing, the peppers are doing fab





Total rock stars. The tomatoes are perking along, producing heroically despite the increased attacks from squirrels. Bastards.



The garden as a whole is being very productive, I've put up about a cup of sauce so far  from my Roma's and had two very good meals from my green beans.


 Family picture


 right profile



left profile

After spending so much time with food, I was hungry! Enter pork nee' boeuf en croute with garden fresh green beans and peach pastries.





Actually, it looks like I worked kind of alot. Time flys when you're having fun.

No comments: