Monday, December 5, 2011

Joy

Apropos of nothing, I have to say, when left to my own devises I make a really good chicken pot pie. I would have started on this earlier but Dogger and I were very happily dozing on the couch admiring the tree and the mantel. We would still be there except I got cold and I decided that Dogger and I needed to go to Walmart.

I tried to avoid a trip to Wallyworld but after touring three thrift stores looking for a table for my office Christmas tree, I gave in to the inevitable. I found my table and a couple of rows over, shipping boxes for cookies. Two birds one trip to Wallyworld. Score. Sadly, it was a low score.

And then I went to check out and I lost the game. I walked up and down the row of check outs, most of them without a checker because why staff up for the holiday? I thought I found the best of the long lines and settled in for a wait.And waited and waited and waited. It turns out I found the only Wallworld employee in the world who had never seen a WIC check before. I thought working at Wallyworld made you eligible for WIC checks and this girl was completely befuddled.  An hour later I was going to just leave but I really didn't want to have to make a second trip back to that place if I didn't have to. I all ready have to hit Sam's this week and I don't want to give those people anymore of my time than I have to.

Tuesday, I'm going to get back to work and get the cookies in bags. I took a good look at the bags I got and they seem small and I see some stress and over thinking ahead. Maybe I'll think about getting my cards addressed instead.

No comments: