Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Typhoid Ace

Okay, my side of the story.

Monday night I was digging through a box of left over Christmas decorations and ran across another box that as it turned out, contained a cat sized Santa suit. A complete cat sized Santa suit. I thought that since Tex had enjoyed wearing it that perhaps Ace might also enjoy being festive.

Tex was a supermodel and he traveled with his own personal hair and make-up people and he knew his key light. Tex loved getting his picture taken and even seemed to enjoy wearing costumes. I have over a thousand pictures of him throughout his life time, attesting to how genuinely photogenic and co-operative he was. Ace is not a supermodel. Ace is  barely an adequate model. He's young, he'll learn.

Anyway, the costume comes with a hat and a beard= but I want to make it clear that I at no time put the beard on. I didn't even make him keep the hat one once it became clear that Ace is not a hat person, I respect that.

He did look very cute in the coat and it was a bit chilly, so I left it on. I decided that he would thank me when he noticed how toasty warm he was. Well, after a while it became clear that he is by nature, cool, and he didn't really like being warm and he was  laying on the floor looking really festive but oddly flat, fine, I took the coat off. It turns out he can be seasonally appropriate or walk  but not at the same time. Who knew?

And then later I went to bed. I woke up with laryngitis, a sore throat, a stuffed head, a raging chest cold and a headache. A normal cat would have just thrown up in my shoes.A real curb buster our Ace. I'm not sure that being some sort of feline Typhoid Mary is a marketable skill, but Ace has it in spades.

No comments: